Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Snapper riding mower

Question
Got this snapper riding mower. Everything works fine except that when I use it for an hour or so the blades just quit. If I push in on the electric pto and pull back out on it again they will start for about 20 seconds or so and then quit. If I let it set for 4-6 hours they will work fine again for another 1 hour or so and then quit again what do you think is wrong?

Answer
The clutch could be overheating or the charging system may not be fully charging.

Do you have a voltmeter or DMM so you can check voltage, voltage drop and resistance?

Regardless, I would go ahead and dis-connect and clean the battery terminals and cable ends with a wirebrush...I have fixed a lot of weird problems like yours just by cleaning the battery connections.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones