Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/honda gx270 9hp

QUESTION: put new carb on - it starts on choke every time but and once reaches high rev shuts down and sounds like it wants to stay running but shuts down - if I spray gas in carb - it will stay running as long as I do that. I put new tank valve shut off on with rubber grommet and new gas line  to carb. It is getting all the gas it needs because once it shuts down  I can grab rope and one pull fire right back up and repeats. Disconnected wire from oil sensor - still does same thing - only thing I am not sure about is the idle coil pack with 2 wire running in to control panel  - not sure what that does or how it works - I disconnected that and also shut off auto idle on machine as it is a generator. Not sure where to go from here.   Don't know what to do next - talked to a local shop and they said I done everything they would have done - I keep going to the idle coil pack or oil sensor in engine - it is full of oil. Any ideas ?

ANSWER: The oil sensor is not likely the cause.  With the engine run if you disconnect the oil sensor?

What model generator do you have?

QUESTION: Wacker G4.5 - No - engine will start but not run with oil sensor disconnected. Seems no matter what I do it will start but shuts right down once it hits the high idle I keep thinking I am missing something and what ever it is is so simple. I put new gaskets in when installed new carb. - would there be an issue if there was a spacer missing installing carb ? I bought this thing used in this condition - maybe someone removed a spacer  or forgot to put one back on ??  Doesn't seem like it would be the issue but I don't have a close up diagram of gaskets - spacer install. Any ideas would help - it does have high test new gas in as well - oil was changed as well.

Not much lists and service very difficult to find.

Are there any wires connected to the carburetor?

Are there any wires that control a module that control the throttle linkage?

Can you attach some pictures of the wires you mentioned?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology