Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/moving water with B&S 80232 / Burks GWT5A

Question
Me again, looked for a more appropriate category but found nothing, so here it is.  Once I get the B&S running I need to decide how I can best move water from the creek to the garden, a 25' lift. For convenience I would have the pump at garden elevation and suck it, however I do not know how to determine whether I need a jet pump. I can put the pump by the creek and push it up. Can you recommend a site that will provide this information, as well as performance figures like volume pressure. Pump and engine are rated at 3600 RPM, though the engine does have a throttle.
Thank you.

Answer
I'm not sure where to find water pump specs.  I have always been told the maximum distance you can lift water is 21 feet...but you have push it as far as you want to.

I'd recommend placing the pump closest to the water location and pushing it to where ever you need it.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones