Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Rocket snow eater

Question
QUESTION: Hi! I came across a "Snow Eater by Rickel" in a shed at my grandfathers old farm. I have no idea how old it is but I cleaned it up and got it to kick over. During that process, I broke the recoil spring on the pull start. I'm looking for information on manuals for the engine and the body to order replacement parts.
The model number is 204108, code 8270, serial number 000654.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

ANSWER: That machine was made by Noma which Murray acquired and now Briggs and Stratton owns the Murray product line.

Anyhow,for engine parts there will be a model and spec number on the engine.  I need those number to look up a spring.  Most likely you have a Tecumseh engine HSK model engine.

As for manuals, Tecumseh engine manuals and parts diagrams are eaisly found on the internet.

It will much more difficult to find the blower manual.  You may have to email or call Briggs and Stratton and see if they can find one in their archives.  However, most common parts such as the scraper, knife, shoes and belts can be found on the internet.

Send me the engine info and I can look up the spring.

Eric

QUESTION: Hi Eric,
It took a bit of time to decipher the engine code, it was badly rusted and corroded.
The code is HS40 555761 SER 8162B
The engine is a Tecumseh, I found a very worn label reading Tecumseh Products Company, Starter motor # 33290C for H35 & HS 40-50 engines. I hope that will aid in the search.
Thank you again!

Answer
Google "tecumseh engine pdf" and the engine service manual should pop right up.

URL for engine service manual below:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uac

Engine parts are easy to find.

Are you needing any parts for the snow blower?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones