Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/1998 John Deere LX279 Solenoid

Question
QUESTION: I made the mistake of not noting what wires went where when trying to replace my solenoid for the starter and since it took longer to get the part I forgot the order.  When mounted the bottom has a longer stud which I am pretty sure was the cable to the positive lead of the battery.  the shorter stud I am pretty sure had the copper wire from the starter and the brown wire.  There is a white wire that I know connects to the other terminal on the bottom.  I have a blue wire which I am pretty sure goes on the top terminal when mounted but not sure where the green wire goes.  Any help would be appreciated.

ANSWER: How many small wires are there?

2 big wires correct?

How small pins/posts on the solenoid?

What is the solenoid part number?

Eric

QUESTION: (3) total small wires, a white one that can only connect to the "slot terminal" a green one and a yellow one.  Then there is a large brown wire that I am pretty sure went to one of the two large studs on the bottom of the solenoid.  The starter has a built in twisted copper wire that can only connect to the closest large stud on the solenoid.  The only other connection is the positive cable from the battery.  The solenoid has the two small terminals on the top of the solenoid that have a washer and bolt that slide into the starter holes.  The bottom of the solenoid has two studs with one being a little longer that the other. There is also a connector that the white wire goes to with a crimped type terminal connector.  It is on the bottom of the solenoid.  The two small wires (green and yellow wires) both have half circle connectors and I am pretty sure the yellow one went on one top small connector cause I took a picture after almost unhooking everything but that one.  There is no part number or identifying number whatsoever on the part.  I can get the number off the box. The mower is a late 90s John Deere LX279.  The box the part came in has AM102577 below the barcode and 20141205DY2 also on it.  Hoep this helps

Answer
Based on pictures of the part, the small spade terminal on the solenoid is the when for the 12 volt DC start.  With the mower is the start position, aka, sitting on the seat, clutch in, blades off, when you turn the key switch to the start position one of the wires should have 12 volts DC to activate the solenoid and turn the starter.  

Which wire has 12 v DC when trying to start the mower?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones