Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/B&S engine stalling

Question
QUESTION: B&S engine # 92502 318601 90022251 on a push mower.

The mower usually starts ok, as it did this afternoon, but after running about 10 minutes, the engine suddenly slows down. Sometimes if I rise the front of the mower, it will speed up, but that doesn't always work and didn't work at all this afternoon.

When it shuts off, if I let it sit for 15-20 minutes, it will start up again and run for another 10 minutes or so, then it slows down and then shuts off again.

Could this be a problem with the governor?

ANSWER: Is the carb on your mower a pulsa jet or pulsa prime?  

If you have a primer then you have the pulsa prime carburetor.

If you have the old pulsa jet carb with the aluminum carburetor then you may have a common issue of the carburetor or tank warping, just a little, when they warm up.  This warping causes the carbs not to function properly.

Let me know which carb you have.

Eric

QUESTION: Pulsa Jet.

Answer
If you like the mower and the engine runs good, aka does not burn oil or smoke, I would consider replacing the pulsa jet with a pulsa prime carb and tank assembly.

The pulsa has several advantages over the pulsa prime including a low price for the upgrade and you will get easier starting with the pulsa prime assembly.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones