Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/cub cadet sltx1054vt riding mower

Question
QUESTION: i have replaced the battery with a new one, but the battery light still comes on when i engage the pto switch.
how can i find the answer to this problem ?

ANSWER: Have you measured the battery voltage when the engine is running full throttle, blades off and measured the voltage when the blades are turned on?

The charging system needs to produce sufficient voltage when the blades are turned on to charge the battery and run the blades.

Let me know what the voltage readings are.
Eric

QUESTION: engine running full speed blades off 15 volts dc
engine running full speed blades on  15 volts dc

i hooked the ohms meter to the battery and mowed little more than a 1\4
acre of deep grass with the blade height at setting 8 and the battery light stayed on all the time the blades were running,
setting 8 is 3 sets under max height.
I really appreciate your help.

Answer
15 volts DC is border line high.  I have a voltmeter on my motorcycle and in 2 cases the light came on and the meter was reading just over 15 volts.  Shut it off, restarted and the meter read 14.7 and the light went out.

Does the charging system have a regulator?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones