Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/5HP Single Stage Snowblower not throwing snow properly

Hi follow up Ottawa
The system would not allow me to ask another question, I will follow up. I pulled the cover off from the belt, the belt is stretched but I put it in another hole in the handle. I noticed something, I took the bolt off the main shaft and the pulley is in two pieces with keys that allow pulley to slide on shaft. Beside the pulley towards engine,it seems a key might go in there, is that correct? Under load the main pulley stops but engine runs at normal rpm.

When you say main pulley, are you talking about the pulley on the engine or the pulley on the auger shaft?

Either way, the pulleys will either have keys, most likely, or there will be to set screws to securely hold the pulleys to the shafts so the pulleys don't spin on the shaft when under load.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology