Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/mtd lawn flite

Question
I had trouble running my lawn flite  engine it is a briggs&stratton 18hp twin. i replaced the fuel line in total , then cleaned and replaced all gaskets and pump diaphram in the carb.
it ran perfect after that. it has been lying for the past 2 months and i am getting the same problem i had before. wont run without choke.

Answer
I'm not sure how fuel is in the the UK but in the US fuel (gasoline) with ethanol goes bad in a very short period of time.  

We recommend customers use a fuel additive stabilizer with all their fuel.  If their fuel is 2 months or older, without stabilizer, then they should properly dispose of it and get new gasoline...and add stabilizer.

Since you have to have the choke on the engine is running lean.  

Did you remove, dis-assemble, and clean the carburetor with compressed air from an air compressor and spray can carburetor cleaner?  You need to make sure and blow air through all the carburetor orifices to ensure there is no blockage.

I'd start by verifying the fuel it good and then move on to a carburetor cleaning.

Let me know if this helps.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones