Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow chief auger

I am looking for a picture of the auger assembly. It doesn't seem to be working correctly. And will we be able to order parts for this machine or are they obsolete?

snow chief          serial

603222          400123
         584265          n153

On the label these numbers were listed on two separate lines just as I have listed them above.

Many Snow Chief parts are obsolete.

You best chances of finding a parts diagram is to call MTD, just Google, or try a message board.

Snow Chief was manufactured by several manufactures over the years and the name/business was purchased by MTD many years.  They do maintain a database of the older machines but you have to contact them.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology