Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Snow king manual

Question
QUESTION: Hi Eric,

I have a very old (maybe 25-30 year) 2 stage snow king with 10hp Tecumseh motor.  The auger belt bracket came off, lost bolt, replaced now it doesn't work.  I need to find a manual so that I can see the exact routing of the belt and if it is tensioned right.  The model # I can see on the snow blower is 315-840-502  I have Googled but can find nothing.

Thanks

ANSWER: It could have been made by Murray, AYP or MTD.  Can you attach a picture of the model number and a picture of the snowblower?

Thanks
Eric

new bolt
new bolt  

snowblower
snowblower  
QUESTION: Hi Eric,

I tried to take a pic of the model# but it didn't come out.  The plate says.  315-840-502  serial # 886112 The snow blower says sno-trac and also snow king 2 stage.  Here are a couple photo's one has a good image of the new bolt.  It is by the plate that says attention.

Thans  Dave

Answer
Try this model number:  315-800-190 8 HP Snow Thrower (1985)

Are you sure the belt goes under the brake puck?  Does not look right.

Owner's Manual:

http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/mtdparts/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10101

Or Google 770-3935

It may not be the exact manual but it is close as MTD builds by series...this looks like an 800 series.

Link to MTD service manuals:

http://support.mtdproducts.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10584/~/professional-shop

However, I did not see a manual for 800 series.

Have you tried calling MTD and requesting a service manual or update manual?

Take a look at that belt routing.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones