Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Snow king manual

I have a very old (maybe 25-30 year) 2 stage snow king with 10hp Tecumseh motor.  The auger belt bracket came off, lost bolt, replaced now it doesn't work.  I need to find a manual so that I can see the exact routing of the belt and if it is tensioned right.  The model # I can see on the snow blower is 315-840-502  I have Googled but can find nothing.

ANSWER: It could have been made by Murray, AYP or MTD.  Can you attach a picture of the model number and a picture of the snowblower?

new bolt
new bolt  

I tried to take a pic of the model# but it didn't come out.  The plate says.  315-840-502  serial # 886112 The snow blower says sno-trac and also snow king 2 stage.  Here are a couple photo's one has a good image of the new bolt.  It is by the plate that says attention.

Thans  Dave

Try this model number:  315-800-190 8 HP Snow Thrower (1985)

Are you sure the belt goes under the brake puck?  Does not look right.

Owner's Manual:

Or Google 770-3935

It may not be the exact manual but it is close as MTD builds by series...this looks like an 800 series.

Link to MTD service manuals:

However, I did not see a manual for 800 series.

Have you tried calling MTD and requesting a service manual or update manual?

Take a look at that belt routing.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology