Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Irrigation water pumps.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Jones

Is it possible to design noiseless irrigation water pumps running on Electric or Gasoline?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Almost impossible to make a noiseless gasoline engine water pump...gasoline engines are noisy.

Electric would be much quieter but depending on how much water you need to pump you may need a very large electric motor.

Either way, the water pump will make some noise.

About the only way to make a noiseless irrigation is to submerse a pump motor in a ground well this way the pump and motor are underground.

Eric

QUESTION: Dear Eric

Thanks.

Can Sound proof Glass enclosure covering the Irrigation water pump help in this regard?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
It could help keep it quiet but you have to be sure the enclosure does not cause over-heating issues.  I once burned out an electric motor in a similar sound proof enclosure.  It took a few days for the motor to overheat and fail but it eventually did...I assume the lack of air flow was the primary reason the motor failed.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones