Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Troy Bilt Garden Tractor pops when drive pedal pushed

Sam wrote at 2016-04-23 22:10:41
Eric, this is Sam. It was the engine to pulley belt that was causing the problem. It has a section about 3 inches long that was just the outer part of the belt and when the pedal was pushed down (engaged), the belt was catching on the idlers and other smaller pulleys. After I replaced the belt the popping is gone and can no longer feel the pedal pulsating, all is smooth again. I did bend the engine pulley removing it, but hopefully got it straight enough it won't hurt the new belt. I appreciate all your help.

Thank you,

Sam

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones