Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/lawnmower won t start

Question
So my grandson decided to remove and throw away the choke springs on my briggs mower. After alot of searching i found the correct picture and rrplaced springs in the correct places and it wont start. I have fuel i have spark. This unit is a automatic fixed design and it seems that if it had a manyal choke style i woildnt have any issues. What if any adjustments do i need for the choke and or linkage to get her started so i can get back to mowjng?

Answer
There are no adjustment on the auto-choke models.

If you have a plastic cover on top of the engine that covers the auto-choke/carb remove the cover.  DO NOT remove the metal starter housing...you need in order to pull the starter cord.

Can you move the auto-choke arm back and fourth by hand?

One trick to see if the engine is being over-choked is to move the auto-choke open by hand and insert a drinking straw a screwdriver in the carb to hold the choke open while you pull the string and see if the engine starts.

Let me know if it starts when holding the auto-choke open.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones