Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/push mower shutting off

Question
I have a push lawnmower that worked fine until yesterday. I started to sound like it was running out of gas then shut off. I had to primer it to get it to start then about 5-10 minutes later it did it again. Also the primer button takes forever to pop back out to repush it.What could be the problem,thank you!

Answer
Most likely a dirty carburetor.

I'm not sure what engine you have but there are lots of videos on You Tube showing how to clean small engine carburetors.

You might have a Briggs and Straton or a Tecumseh engine.  These are very popular engines for late model mowers.

If you want to send me the engine brand along with the model number I may be able to provide a more precise answer.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones