Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Karcher pressure washer

QUESTION: About 50% of the time, my electric Karcher (model 670 M) washer does not start, stays on starting mode until the house breaker giveup. Sometimes absolutely nothing appens, sometimes it runs correctly.

The condenser seems OK, 70 microFd, the micro switch reads OK on multimeter.

2nd time I ask your help, last time I was astonished with the marvelous answer I got.

Thanks and have a good day,   Andre

ANSWER: We don't work on many of the electric pressure washers but I would think they would still have to have an unloader valve on the pump.

Have you checked You Tube for videos?

Does you know anyone who has a spare, know good wand?  We find a lot of issues with wands that cause pressure washers not to start.

QUESTION: Not a question, maybe an answer.  After trying a new condenser without success, I dismounted everything, pump, motor including bearings, cleaned all and lubed wit clean greases and oil.  Now it works like a new !

It seems the trouble was particles in the motor bearings (one is not sealed).  Hope this will last !

Thanks,   Andre

Thanks for the update.  At the shop, it's often not worth the hourly labor rate to repair the electric pumps...but at home, where saving money is worth my time I like to repair if it is cheaper than buying a new one.

Have you shared you repair on the internet to help others troubleshoot and repair their machines?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology