Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/trimmer trigger

I have a homelite ut20024a.  I had to remove front case in order to fix the spark plug wire.  It seem now that everything is back together, the throttle trigger is really catchy or hard to pull right at the beginning.  It is not smooth on the intitial squeeze.  I have taken then cable off the carb and it moves in the shaft easy.  Almost acts like it is binding but I can't figure out where.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Does the carburetor shaft move freely as well?

I'm betting it is an alignment issue with the cable when you tighten the screw to secure the cable.

Can you slightly loose the carburetor and the throttle cable retaining screw to see if it pulls easier?

Let me know.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology