Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/fuel pump wont pump

Question
19hp twin opposed wont pump fuel 120 psi on both cyl. new intake, carb, fuel pump, fuel pump body, sump, and valve cover, breather gaskets, also new fuel line from tank to engine with filter, and new pulse line from engine to pump.engine no. is 461707 will run fine if carb is filled with gas through vent holes, but wont pulse fuel pump

Answer
Is you fuel pump integrated with the carburetor?

Did you check out this site?
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_opposed_twin_carb.asp

On some of the integrated carbs I have been able to remove the top of the carburetor and then crank the engine and watch the fuel pump pump fuel into the carburetor.

Make sure you keep the spark plugs removed when trouble shooting so the is less strain on the starter and battery.

Let me know if you can take the top of the carburetor off and see the fuel pump pumping or not.

Thanks.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones