Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/john deere lt 133 blowing white smoke then runs rough

Question
My mower is blowing white smoke and sounds like its struggling to run. If I turn the mower deck on it kills the engine. If I just drive it then shut it off and try to start it again it won't turn over unless it sits for half an hour has oil and gas

Answer
Is the oil level correct?  Does the oil smell like gas?

White smoke is a sign of oil burning.  It it very common these days for carburetors to leak gas and the gas enters the engine oil where it thins the oil which causes it to seep pass rings and valves where it gets burned.

Is the spark plug black and sooty with squishy gunk on it?  The spark plug should be a light brown color on the tip.

Let me know.
Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones