Small Household Appliances/Cuisinart Coffee Maker Shuts Off

Dcafinated wrote at 2012-07-21 19:36:16
Did it work? I have the same problem. It takes 20 mins to brew 6 cups in the morning. Sometimes it brews the full pot and then shuts off. The red light shuts off and will not turn back on until I unplug it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. I have to repeat this process several times.

Smartisdumb wrote at 2013-02-03 16:43:55
Mine is an old machine, I have tried the cleaning recommended with no resolve. Finally I took it apart and found the aluminum in the heating coil is oxidized. (White coating) this meant the sensor was also oxidized. (Blue wire) Removed the 2 screws holding the element and the clip holding the sensor. Cleaned all the white off and voila. New machine. You will need a torx 10 screwdriver to remove screws from the bottom. FYI: the inside was clean and had NOTHING to do with it.

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.