You are here:

Small Household Appliances/Need replacement electrical cord


I have a Homedics PA-5H percussion massager with heat.  It is  120V, 60Hz, 0.3A

It needs a new electrical cord.  Since we live in a throwaway society I cannot find anyone to repair.  If I could get new cord I could fix it myself.  We used to do this type of things years ago.  I cannot find a replacement cord.  Any idea where I can get one and what type of cord it should be?



Homemedics does not make any parts for their appliances.  They force people to buy a new one.
I have bulk cords but the problem will be getting the machine apart.  We have repaired some of their machines but they are not easy to get apart and sometimes you break the cases.  If the cord is not broken right where it does into the machine, a new cord can be safely spliced to the old one if done correctly.  The wires have to be soldered and then using three pieces of heat shrink it can be insulated.  If the break is at the machine case, you will have to take it all apart and solder the wires directly to the motor.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne Kiefer


Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.


High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]