You are here:

Small Household Appliances/Vintage Hoover electric frypan probe


I have a Hoover electric frypan, Vintage 1950's and need a temperature control probe. You mentioned that this part is no longer available and that you can rebuild the frypan to fit a modern probe. How do I find someone that will do that? I love my pan and it's not easy to find something like it. Thank you for your help.

Hoover made probably the best stainless steel pan ever made but the probe they used was different from any other pan.  I can modify your pan and supply you with a new probe but the cost is $50 + shipping.  If you would like to proceed, please send us the pan with a copy of this email.  You can remove the handle if you would like to as sometimes they are broken in shipping.  Please send a $20 dept. with the unit to us at: Kiefer Appliance, 4511 Monona Dr., Monona, Wi. 53716.   Thank you.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne Kiefer


Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.


High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.

©2017 All rights reserved.