Small Household Appliances/Reversing cam switch

Cam Switch
Cam Switch  

Front of cam Switch
Front of cam Switch  
we are trying to hook up a 3 pole reversing cam switch for a boat lift. we have a T-9 orange,T-8 Red and the T-2 Black and white. We know the black, white and red are power, so is the orange the ground on T-9?

You do not say if this is 120 ac or dc voltage.  I am assuming it is ac.  The should be the power in and the white is the neutral.  All of the other leads should be power out leads.  The power comes into the switch on the black and gets distributed through the other leads.  This is a total guess on my part as I can not see the application on the other end.  I hope this will help a little.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.