Small Household Appliances/disposal

My garbage disposal locked up this morning so I took the tool provided and got it lose, or at least I thought I did.  I turned in on and it stuck again after just a turn or so.  I repeated this process several times, being sure it turn easily before switching it on.  It still runs for a short time and then locks up again.  I can't seem to find any obstruction, so am assum9ing something else is wrong.  Am I looking at a new device.  Any other ideas?? Thanks, Richard

There are no parts available for any disposal that I know of.  Just like all other appliances, it is time to look for a new one.  We are so conditioned in this country to buy new that most people do not even think of repairing anything.  

If there is a nut in the center of the rotational disc that you can get a long extension socket on, you can try to turn it until it sticks and then force it go further.  This will either loosen the block or break something.  At this point, what do you have to loose.  Good luck.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.