Small Household Appliances/Hamilton beach microwave won't start

My microwave won't start. The digital display is clear and the timer and click still work. It allows me to type a set time but when I hit start to start hearing an item up it just beeps and does nothing. What could cause this?

The main PC board is probably not working properly and should be replaced.  The problem is that the board, if you could get one, will cost more than the unit is worth.  Almost all microwaves are made in china and there are no parts made available for servicing them. If you check the sticker with the model #, I think you will find the famous "Made in China".  We used to service microwaves but have gotten out of the business because we can not get parts.  Even when we could, the parts and labor usually exceeded the new cost.  So it goes in the US today.

Please visit our web site:  

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.