Small Household Appliances/Wooden Mixer

Question
Mixer
Mixer  

Mixer jar?
Mixer jar?  
My Wife was given some antiques from a family member and they were using them for decorations. They aren't sure where they got it and I was wondering what era this mixing device came from. We are not interested and going to sell it but not sure if this the correct glass jar for it.

Answer
I have one similar to this but it has metal beaters.  The rest of the unit looks the same.  It almost appears that maybe the wooden beater assembly was made by someone to replace metal beaters that were originally on the unit.  People used to be very innovative and repaired everything.  Not like today.  It also could have been made before the metal bladed one.  I would date this unit circa 1920's.  It could have been as early as late 1800's.

The jar looks as though it could be original.  It is very decorative and has an odd shape. It is a very interesting mixer and could be valuable.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferapplinace.com  

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer