Small Household Appliances/Gelato Maker

Question
Hi Wayne, Thank you for taking my question.  I would like to buy a gelato maker but I am having a hard time deciding on which one is the best. I don't want to spend more than $400.  It seems there are customer complaints about Breville Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker, BCI600XL, Cuisinart 100, DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato Maker and Lello 4090 Gelato Pro Quart Ice Cream Maker. Do you have any suggestions or where I can find more customer reviews?  Thank you.    Marsha

Answer
There are going to be complaints about almost any brand because they are so complicated now days and there is no repairing them once out of warranty as there are no parts available for them.  It seems like every manufacturer has to have at least 3 or 4 circuit boards in their units and they always cause problems.  Some of the name brands that you mention are made in China and you can expect many complaints about these brands.  Check where they are made and if you can find a Braun or Krups brand they should be made in Germany.  This is not always true so check the box to see if they are not made in China as well.  I do not know if Braun or Krups make this type of machine but you should be able to check their websites.

Sunbeam/Oster used to make a very simple ice cream maker but I do not think they do any more.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer