Small Household Appliances/Sunbeam Vista Food Processor

Question
All I can find for identifying this appliance further is catalog No 71468 and Service No 14-1A.  The plastic container has recently been sticking and would not come off for emptying, and now the part that I believe is called the drive shaft cover assembly came off with the plastic container and appears to be chewed, making the food processor unusable.  Otherwise, all seems to be working fine.  Where can I get this part, and will it stay on the drive shaft and release the bowl if I replace the drive shaft cover with a new one?  Thank you for your help!

Answer
We have been a Sunbeam dealer for over 40 years and used to replace a lot of these parts.  The problem is that your machine is probably 25 years old and we have been out of these parts for over 15 years. These machines were one of the best units on the market at that time.  Sorry that I can not be of more help on parts but they are just not available anymore.  You could try Ebay and maybe pick up another machine just like yours for parts.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer