Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer 4300 Beater won't stay in

Question

I have a great Dormeyer 4300 but on one side the beater will not lock into place. Is there any adjustment or a way I can take it apart and see what is going on? The red release button pushes them out, but 1 just won't lock into place. I appreciate your help!

Answer
I think the 4300 has a small spring at the top end of the beater.  If this is the case, this spring has to lock into a hole in the gear inside.  If the spring is broken or missing it will not lock in.  If the hole in the gear is plugged with flour it will also not lock in.  Compare the two beaters and see if they are both the same on the top end.  If not, this is your problem.
They can not be repaired.  You may get lucky and find a set on Ebay but they have not been made in over 35 years.  If you can not find any replacements, let me know ,I have a source that may help.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer