Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer 4300 Silver Chef mixer

Question
I have a Dormeyer 4300 Silver Chef mixer in excellent condition complete with the two beaters and two bowls.  The ten speed motor runs prefectly.  How do the beaters get inserted?  When pressing the red button on the handle, it does not release the mechanism to insert the beaters. I did not want to 'force' it and perhaps a little WD-40 would help?  Any suggestions?

Answer
The beaters sometimes insert hard.  You should be able to insert one beater at a time and strike it with the palm of your hand.  This should seat the beater.  Then do the same with the second beater.  The button on the top is for removing the beaters.

You could use a little vegetable oil on the ends of the beaters that go into the mixer.  This may aid you with inserting the beaters and it is food safe.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer