Small Household Appliances/mixer blades binding

Dormeyer Mixwell blades bind against each other. They don't seem to have the degree of shift so they miss each other in operation.Instructions long since gone, but I see a big screw thing on top, does it have anything to do with the blade set angle?
    Tks Wayne

The screw on the top does not adjust the beaters.  I think your problem is in the gears that the beaters to into.  Some of these gears had set screws in them and they may have slipped.  In this case, they can be moved and tightened.  On the gears that are not adjustable and they are just worn, the only thing to do is replace them and they have not been available for about 35 years.  

Move the beaters back and forth and see if there is a lot of play in each one.  If so, your problem is in the gears.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.