Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer Silver-Chef mixer

Question
i need to replace the cord. how can i get the case apart?

Answer
I think it has to be split at the center but I am not sure how this is done.  I will be at work next Tues. and will ask my repairman.  We have not seen a Dormeyer for a few years so I hope he will remember how to do it.  I will contact you on Wed. next week.

This is the procedure that was given to me by my repairman:

1- Remove screw on the handle at front of mixer
2- Lift handle off mixer--spring connects to front of red trigger.  This is very hard to get back in place so pay attention as to how it comes off.
3- Remove set screw from speed control knob and lift top cover off.
4- Remove nut on middle top of mixer and screw on bottom middle of mixer
5- Pull back half of mixer off.
6- Re-assemble in reverse order.

These are general instructions for most Dormeyer mixers so the best thing is to mark all of the pieces as you remove them.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.biz

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer