Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer Power Chef 4201


I need to replace a frayed power cord on a Dormeyer Power Chef 4201. There is one screw on the underside, but I cannot locate any other fastener that would allow opening up the mixer to replace the cord. What is the key to this puzzle?

I am sorry to be late in getting back to you.  I was waiting until I got to the shop as I thought I had an old mixer to look at but I do not.  It has been years since we have seen a Dormeyer in for service and my brain is getting older.  I do have two old mixer heads but they are not the 4201 series and all of their models are different.  I know that there is a screw that has to come out and it is on the inside.  You have to take a lot of the mixer apart just to get at the screw.  Sorry, but it has been way to long.  I am going to refer you to a chat web site and I am sure someone on the site will have the answer you need.  Contact "We Actually Collect Electric Mixers" at:  There are people on this site that are really into mixers and they will be able to help you.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne Kiefer


Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.


High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.

©2017 All rights reserved.