Small Household Appliances/Repair old waffle iron

I have a 75 yr old waffle iron--Toastmaster, model 2D2--that needs a new electric cord.  I have another Toastmaster waffle iron, model 2D1,that has a broken electric connection between the bottom and the top lid.  I am very interested in having theses two items repaired as they are wonderful old appliances.  The waffles that they cook are wonderful.  Both were wedding presents to my mother and mother-in-law in the late 30's.

Thank you for your attention.

If the cord that you would like replaced is wired into the unit, that should not be a problem except that it will be a plastic coated cord.  If it is plugged into the unit, I still may have a cord and it will be plastic coated as well.  The only thing I do not have is a cord that has flat terminals on the iron.  I still can replace the flat prongs with round and it will then use a modern cord.

The second unit will have to be rewired as I am sure the wires are all very brittle.  I will warn you that the rewire will cost about $80-100 depending on the time it takes to wire the unit.
You may consider a rewire on the first unit as well.

If you would like us to quote a price on the repair of these two units, please send the units and a $25 estimate fee to us at:  Kiefer Appliance,  4511 Monona Dr. Monona, Wi. 53716.
We will be glad to call you with an estimate.  If you repair the units the estimate fee will be deducted from the total cost.  Thank you.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.