Small Household Appliances/Sunbeam Vista Model V-14 Mixer

Question
How do I oil this machine? It becomes very hot when running and makes a mild electric smell, but no smoke or grinding sound. I'm making an assumption it may need to be oiled, but it is pretty old, and sometimes being old means you get hot easily. :)

Answer
It is very old and over the years flour builds up on all of the internal parts.  When they get hot the flour seems to give off a smell.  The only way to eliminate the smell is to take the mixer all apart and clean off the speed control and coils.  This is a lot of work so you may just want to use it until it does not work.  I can send you a parts diagram to help you if you think you may want to try it.  If you would like one contact me at:  kieferappliance@yahoo.com

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer