Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer Silver Chef 4300

My mixer beaters started clunking against each other. So when I pull out one beater at a time, only one of the holes spins. Are they both suppose to spin? If so any suggestions on how to fix it? Or is it even fixable?

Yes, they should both spin.  One of the gears is stripped inside the mixer. Even if you can find a new gear it is quite a job to change it amd you probably will not find a gear as this is a very old mixer.  You may be able to find a head assembly on Ebay that does not run or maybe just purchase a good mixer head and use the bowls and stand from your old one.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.