Small Household Appliances/Sunbeam Mixmaster MMA maintenance

Question
I've gotten copies of some pages from mixmaster manuals (not sure if they relate to the MMA), and they talk about putting in new grease in the grease bowl (at the front of the item).  But when I opened up my MMA, I don't see anything that will hold grease.  Does the MMA still have this grease bowl?

Please respond soon!

Answer
The grease that Sunbeam used was not the best and it got hard over the years and did not lubricate well. If you have the front open, remove all of the old grease from the gears and clean it as best that you can.  Replace it with automotive wheel bearing grease.  It will stick to the gears and you should never have to replace it again.  Also add a few drops of oil to the bearings on the main shaft of the motor.  I think the grease bowl refers to the area around the gears.

If you should require any parts for your mixer, we still have a few new and some used parts for this mixer.

Please visit our web site:  www.kieferappliance.com

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer