Small Household Appliances/Rochester percolator -start fuse

I have a Rochester percolator that does not heat. On the bottom it states that I must invert pot get the fuse to engage. I have tried. Any clue as to the correct "technic" would be appreciated.  Thanks, Joyce

I am not familiar with a Rochester brand percolator but will try to help you.  It sounds like the fuse is the problem.  Is this a newer unit or very old?  It sounds like it is a very old unit.  If you can take the bottom of the coffee maker off and take a picture of the inside I may be able to help you.  Most of the old units were very similar.  I have seen many different brands of percs and they all have similar parts.  Please email me the picture and I will see if I can help.  Email to:

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.