Small Household Appliances/sunbeam mixmaster jr.

Hello Wayne,
  I cannot figure out how to get the beaters out of a mixmaster jr. They've been in there for years and I don't risk using BF&I.

I would try WD40.  Spray it on the shaft of the beaters where they go into the mixer.  This may loosen them up a little.  Let is soak for a day or so then try to pull them out.  If they have been in the mixer for years they may be corroded into the beater gears.  Try to turn them by hand and see if they will loosen.  Then pull and see if they come out.  If they do place some vegetable oil on the shaft after cleaning them and re-insert them.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.