Small Household Appliances/wiring on small 2 speed ac motor

Question
I HAVE CONVERTED A ( HOOVER MODEL 3610 RUG/FLOOR CONDITIONER )INTO A TOOL SHARPENER BUT THE HANDEL AND SWITCHES ARE MISSING I HAVE 4 WIRES ON THE MOTOR 2 CONNECT TO THE BRUSHES AND 2 GO TO THE MOTOR WINDINGS.THIS MOTOR MAY NOT BE 2 SPEED THANK YOU

Answer
If it is a single speed motor it only requires two wires.  If it is a two speed it needs at least three.  One is the feed line and the other two are the speeds.  It sounds like it is a single speed.  Two wires activate the coil(electricity in and out of the coil)and the other two are connected to the motor brushes.  You should be able to switch one side of the coil and it will turn the motor off.  I think this is your question but if not contact me again.  Thanks.

Please visit our web site:www.kieferappliance.biz  

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer