Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer Power Chef


I have my mom's Dormeyer Power Chef SM 12 CH mixer.  It was working until the power cord frayed.  I would like to replace it but can't figure out how to open the bottom to route a new cord.  How can I open it?  Thank you.

Most of the old Dormeyer mixers have to be taken all apart to replace the cords.  Before you do this I am going to give you a web site that you should try.  This is a talk group all about old mixers and someone on the site may have an easy way to do what you want to do.  

Be sure to use a 3 wire grounded cord when you replace the old one.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne Kiefer


Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.


High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]