Small Household Appliances/Dormeyer Power Chef

Question
I have my mom's Dormeyer Power Chef SM 12 CH mixer.  It was working until the power cord frayed.  I would like to replace it but can't figure out how to open the bottom to route a new cord.  How can I open it?  Thank you.

Answer
Most of the old Dormeyer mixers have to be taken all apart to replace the cords.  Before you do this I am going to give you a web site that you should try.  This is a talk group all about old mixers and someone on the site may have an easy way to do what you want to do.       groups.yahoo.com/group/WACEM  

Be sure to use a 3 wire grounded cord when you replace the old one.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.net

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer