Small Household Appliances/Hot point microwave

I have a Hotpoint over the range microwave.  Recently, it started giving problems.  The light under the microwave goes on and out intermittently, and after about an hour the display shows "F3".  
If I plug it out and plug it back on, it works fine but after about an half hour, the problem starts again.

What you are doing is rebooting the computer when you turn it off and on.  You have a problem in the main circuit board and the only way to repair it is to replace it.  I think you will find that the cost will probably exceed the cost of a new unit.  Sorry to be the barer of bad news but I think you are looking at a new one.  Sooner or later it will stop working all together.

Please visit our web site:

Small Household Appliances

Wayne Kiefer

Any concerning the repair of small electric household appliances (coffee makers, waffle makers,etc.) shavers, antique clocks, air compressors, lamps, generators.

High school Industrial Arts teacher. Plant manager at Trek Bicycle factory. Self employed for last 20 years in the small appliance repair business.