Snakes/red tail boa

my 14 year old red tail boa is making some very strange short whining noises- i noticed a little " snot" around here nostrils but no crusting- i have never heard her make this sound before- is she ok?  also do you know how long they live in captivity?

Sounds like a respiratory infection to me.  Raise the temp of the cage to the mid 80's during the day and don't drop it below the high 70's at night until the infection clears.  YOu are probably also going to need to see a vet for some antibiotics.  They can live well over 20 years in captivity.

I can answer any questions about selecting a new snake. Most questions about how to care for a particular snake, including diet and habitat. I can answer questions concerning breeding of most of the commmonly available snakes in US. And I can tackle genetics questions as well.

15 years experience as an owner, breeder, dealer and teacher.

B.S. Biology Ed. UCF