Snakes/my snake

Question
cage
cage  

snake
snake  
I recently bought a snake an he told me its a ball python but now im not sure but we noticed hes been spending a lot of time in his water bowl he ate 2 days ago an seems to be fine temp is 82 an the hydrometer is on the way I was just wondering if this was an adequate habitat for now until he gets bigger

Answer
Zach, I am sorry to tell you this is not a Ball Python. It is however a beautiful and healthy Red Tail Boa. This particular snake will grow to about 10 feet. So you enclosure will be terribly inadequate soon. They do not tend to not get as thick an pythons. They have a great disposition....especially if you handle him often. Though do not after he or she eats and you can still see the food in her. I will send you a care sheet for it. I would say it is at least 6 months old. You can not stunt his growth with a feeding schedule you will just put him off feed. Good Luck, Tina

http://www.anapsid.org/boa.html

Snakes

Tina Beatty-Quiao