Snakes/Ball python

I have a ball python that has small lumps all over her body..and crusted brown and dull yellow scales on her mouth,and a few others on her belly,and one spot right above the cloaca..I'm worried it might be serious. Sadly, we don't have the large amount of money needed to pay for a visit to a reptile vet..most other problems we've been able to fix on our own.

Without seeing her no one can really tell you whats wrong, but anytime a snake is ill past the point of a simple respiratory infection or scale rot, blood work will have to be done to determine whats wrong. in my experience this sounds like a internal parasite, especially if the snake is losing or not gaining weight.

the only thing you can do is take her to the vet, they will likely do blood work and de worm her.

Amber Barrett

I can answer any and all questions about snakes, whether its how to pick the right snake for your needs and wants, eating and temperature issues, health problems ( I can not give a diagnosis or make up for vetrinary treatment but can give options on what to do). I can also answer any questions on breeding snakes, what it entitles, what you can expect, I know quite a bit about any products for snakes and their husbandry.

I currently keep over 150 snakes, I keep everything from ball pyhtons, to retics to green tree pythons. I have been around them my whole life due to a family interest in breeding them. I have researched, purchased, and delt with just about every snake, product and issue you can run into.

Although I do not have a degree in herpatology, I have been around snakes my whole life and through books, research and life I know alot about them.