Snakes/what kind of garter is this

I found a snake today I know it a garter but was trying to find out actual type.. it looks like some of pics of a red sided garter ??? Ones from Manitoba not the California... I've tried to attach a few pics if by chance they don't come thru please email me so I can resend em
thank you

Most species will be found from parts of alaska that are warmer all the way to central and south US. They are pretty much all over and due to people having some as pets etc. They have been released in many other states and are starting to become a new species there as well. The pics did not come through, you can send them again but I would say if it looks similar to the pic then it probably is a red garter.

Amber Barrett

I can answer any and all questions about snakes, whether its how to pick the right snake for your needs and wants, eating and temperature issues, health problems ( I can not give a diagnosis or make up for vetrinary treatment but can give options on what to do). I can also answer any questions on breeding snakes, what it entitles, what you can expect, I know quite a bit about any products for snakes and their husbandry.

I currently keep over 150 snakes, I keep everything from ball pyhtons, to retics to green tree pythons. I have been around them my whole life due to a family interest in breeding them. I have researched, purchased, and delt with just about every snake, product and issue you can run into.

Although I do not have a degree in herpatology, I have been around snakes my whole life and through books, research and life I know alot about them.