Snakes/Red tail boa

We just got a red tail boa from someone in our area. We haven't had her for two days yet. Last night she started taking attacks flipping her upper body around wildly with her mouth wide open. It's like it's almost uncontroable. When we got her she was kind of limp and didn't seem to be able to stay flat on her belly. We just thought because she is small for her age(two years old)that she wasn't being feed enough. Is this the sign of seizures?

This is some type of tremor/seizure. In reptiles, this can be a sign or a serious underlying illness or injury, it is imperative you take your snake to the vet as I am not qualified to give medical advice and I can tell you for sure this is a serious matter a vet needs to diagnose and treat.  

Adena Canterbury

I can answer questions about what kind of snake to buy and what to look for in terms of health. How to determine gender, what to feed, types of snakes and behaviors. I can answer questions regarding catching snakes, handling venomous, venomous knowledge questions. I cannot answer questions regarding breeding or hatching or health questions that should be answered by a vet, I have no medical knowledge on snakes other than simple health questions.

I grew up on a reptile farm in Florida where my dad bred, raised and sold many kinds of reptiles, mainly snakes and gained much knowledge from this. The experience sparked my own fascination for snakes, which I now own two of my own and constantly capture wild snakes to study for certain periods of time.

Grew up on a reptile farm. My brother and I plan to open a reptile store.

Have taken snakes from friends to improve their health. Have caught wild snakes for the learning experience.