Snakes/Cobra?

Question
Snake
Snake  
Hi Bpc,

Was recently playing golf in Shenzhen,  China, when I spotted this snake when trying to locate my ball. It tried to bury itself in the mud. Could  it be a cobra? The markings look similar.
Are they very dangerous and was it dangerous getting to close?
Look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

mark

Answer
Mark, sadly, I am not an expert on the snakes of China.  There are cobras there and the little bit of banding I can see in your pic does make me suspicious...  Are they dangerous-yes.  Was is dangerous to get close-maybe.  It can always be dangerous messing with a snake you can't immediately identify if said snake is venomous.  I would need better pics to positively ID the animal.  Sorry.

Snakes

BPC