Snakes/Burmese python acting weird

Albino burmese
Albino burmese  

I give my 10ft burm a warm bath when she's near shed to help loosen the skin but today she was acting weird in the tub. She kept slowing sticking her tongue out the side of her mouth and then she opened her mouth slowly and closed it. She's hasn't been hissy with me or irritable at all and she's not hungry atm. I got a video of how she was acting I'll try and upload it.

Some snakes will hang their mouth open in a  odd way, it is believed that they somehow got water in their air way.

But if she slow flicks all the time, if her tongue flicks and stays out for a while or she makes a gasping sound, she needs to see a bet.

Unless she begins to wheeze or blow bubbles, I wouldn't think to much of it.

Amber Barrett

I can answer any and all questions about snakes, whether its how to pick the right snake for your needs and wants, eating and temperature issues, health problems ( I can not give a diagnosis or make up for vetrinary treatment but can give options on what to do). I can also answer any questions on breeding snakes, what it entitles, what you can expect, I know quite a bit about any products for snakes and their husbandry.

I currently keep over 150 snakes, I keep everything from ball pyhtons, to retics to green tree pythons. I have been around them my whole life due to a family interest in breeding them. I have researched, purchased, and delt with just about every snake, product and issue you can run into.

Although I do not have a degree in herpatology, I have been around snakes my whole life and through books, research and life I know alot about them.