What are people doing to try to stop the Burmese Python Invasion?

If a snake is found, animal control is called and what happens to the snake all depends on the number that are being held currently. There is a ban that is currently in court but as far as controlling them right now the only 2 things are people trying to physically catch and remove them and people trying to ban any shipping of them in and out of state lines.  

Amber Barrett

I can answer any and all questions about snakes, whether its how to pick the right snake for your needs and wants, eating and temperature issues, health problems ( I can not give a diagnosis or make up for vetrinary treatment but can give options on what to do). I can also answer any questions on breeding snakes, what it entitles, what you can expect, I know quite a bit about any products for snakes and their husbandry.

I currently keep over 150 snakes, I keep everything from ball pyhtons, to retics to green tree pythons. I have been around them my whole life due to a family interest in breeding them. I have researched, purchased, and delt with just about every snake, product and issue you can run into.

Although I do not have a degree in herpatology, I have been around snakes my whole life and through books, research and life I know alot about them.